Hospital Medicine is the fastest growing medical specialty. As a result, most U.S. hospitals are hiring hospitalists and many facilities are seeking locum tenens to fill temporary or part-time hospitalist jobs. Whether you’re a recent graduate or long-time hospitalist, working with a locum tenens recruiting agency is one option for finding locum hospitalist jobs.
Some physicians choose to work part-time to have greater autonomy and flexibility or to travel. Others are currently employed in full-time hospitalist jobs, but want to supplement their income. If you are in a career transition, consider the fact that temporary hospitalist jobs can often lead to full-time or permanent placement.
At Locum Leaders, our goal is to help candidates seeking hospitalist jobs find the best fit for their schedule, lifestyle and career goals.
Hospitalist Locum Tenens Jobs
As an individual seeking hospitalist locum tenens jobs, you have a variety of options. In reviewing those options, you should ask several important questions.
- Does the agency I am working with offer direct deposit and weekly pay?
- Does the malpractice insurance offered through the locum tenens agency provide ‘forever’ coverage?
- Does my recruiter understand my goals and are they always available by phone to address issues and concerns?
At Locum Leaders, the answer to all of these questions is “yes.’ We’re a specialized recruiting firm and a leader in helping you find the hospitalist locum tenens jobs you seek. In addition to our personalized service, we offer several web-based tools to assist you in your search:
- Our main web page for hospitalists allows you to browse all of our hospitalist locum tenens jobs throughout the U.S.
- Another popular way to find hospitalist locum tenens jobs on our website is to search by state.
- Email Job alerts let you opt in for an email notification from Locum Leaders anytime we identify new hospitalist locum tenens jobs that meet your requirements.
To learn more browse our site or call and talk with us today at 877-562-8656.
Working as a Locum Tenens Hospitalist
Locum tenens hospitalist work can be rewarding—allowing you to focus on patients and medicine in new and different practice environments. But there can also be a time of adjustment, especially in your first assignment. Here are some tips to help you thrive as a locum tenens hospitalist:
- Be flexible and adapt to the requirements and needs of the facility where you are working. Participate in orientation sessions. Identify a supervisor or peer on staff that can answer any questions you may have.
- Make a good first impression. Small things like a neat appearance, promptness and collegiality are important. Remember that many locum tenens hospitalist jobs ultimately lead to full-time employment.
- If issues arise, talk to us. As your locum tenens firm, we want to ensure that you are satisfied and that your locum tenens hospitalist role meets and exceeds your expectations.