This facility is seeking a Board Certified Neonatologist locum tenens support as they look to fill an ongoing need
Details and requirements for this opportunity:
- Schedule: 24- hours in house plus call, 8a - 8a (8a- 4p in house, 4p- 8a on call)
- Job Setting: Hospital, 34- bed, 12- 16 in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, 1,300 annual birth/deliveries, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Type of Cases: Neonatologist is to cover in house at any time during our Neonatal Nurse Practitioner lead transports from referring hospitals. The neonatologist will cover the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit/Newborn issues and requested deliveries until the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner returns. The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner goes on the transport with a respiratory therapist. If a VLBW is being transferred, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse will go in addition. Newborn Nursery Service (total 32 beds) is covered by local pediatricians, LSU Family Medicine (with residents and attendings), and Envision Neonatology.
- Shifts responsibilities and procedures: In-hospital ~ 8 hrs/day. Share patient care workload with Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Newborn Nursery. Rounding daily at Neonatal Intensive Care Unit bedside with Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Call from home from 4 pm- 8 am. Shared procedures with Neonatal Nurse Practitioners.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR): Premier, note transferred to Meditech
- Certifications required: (Active Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS) certificates, Active DEA), Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Requirements: Active Louisiana Medical License, must have a clean background and malpractice, and must be Board Certified
- Fellowship Required: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Alexandria is the ninth-largest city in the state of Louisiana and is the parish seat of Rapides Parish, Louisiana, United States. It lies on the south bank of the Red River in almost the exact geographic center of the state.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.