Immediate need for a general dentist.
- BLS, DEA. Will consider new grad’s but prefer at least 1-year experience post graduate.
- Will be serving Native American population both in the hospital as well as travel to 1 of 5 villages (average 1 week every month). When traveling to villages, Villages are set up with facilities and equipment to do basic responsibilities. Will be doing normal bread and butter dental work ( cleanings, extractions, exams. Will have both dental assistant and hygienist for both hospital and village visits.
- PPD is 10-12 and will treat all ages
- In village - Monday - fly out, depending on village and length of travel to arrive might treat 4-6 patients on day 1 of trip; generally takes 2 1/2 hours to set up the clinic for dental services; Tuesday - Thursday typically patients from 9 am-1 pm and 2 pm-8 pm; Friday- depending on village might treat 2-4 patients prior to needing clinic broken down, all instruments equipment cleaned serviced, et cetera. Supplies packed for flight departure. Breakdown process generally takes 3 hours on the final day. Village trips are planned Monday departure and Friday return...
- M-F 8a-5p, telephonic call, very rare call-back
- Any US State
- ASAP- ongoing – Long term need ( typical government requirement of 6-month commitment)
- The provider will fly into Fairbanks AK, and then take a connecting flight to Barrow AK.
- There is no car rental available due to the rugged land in AK. The client will provide taxi vouchers as well as 24-hour shuttle service.
- The provider will need to have 6 months of experience in the last 12 and or 3 months of that experience in the last 6.
- Doc will need to be comfortable with packing and unpacking equipment (max of 20 pounds)
- Doc will have to be able to provide at least 3 peer references as part of the credentialing process. These references can be direct peers or referral dentists (endodontists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, et cetera).
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, professional liability insurance, housing and travel benefits, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from the standard 24 months to 6 months. This not only gives you greater career flexibility but also helps alleviate the growing shortage of physicians and advanced practitioners across the country.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.