- The provider needed as soon as possible (Pending Credentialing and Licensing) for a 6-month assignment (client would prefer 1-year commitment if possible)
- Schedule: 5 days one week and then 4 days the next. May be asked to pick up that 5th day when patient volumes are high
- Outpatient only – No Inpatient or Call Responsibilities
- Will start with 8 patients per day (All new to the Doctor) and grow from there as the panel establishes. Experienced Physicians there see 2-4 New per day with 6-8 Follow Up appointments
- Child/Adolescent/Adult positions will have a mix of both Adult and Child. The mix varies depending on the time of year and volumes but definitely more Adult than Child at this location but must be able to see both with training
- Some telepsychiatry where they will see the patients in the clinic and the patients will also be in other clinics. Current Physician does some Tele Psychiatry about 1 day per week for a portion of the day
- Part of Hilo Medical Clinic where they will be the solo Psychiatrist at the clinic. Another Psychiatrist is located on the island about 2 ½ hours away in Kona
- EMR System: Health Connect (Kaiser’s Version of EPIC)
- Board Certified or Truly Board Eligible (3 years out of residency)
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Must have training in Child/Adolescent
Opportunities for surfing can be found on the island shores. The Richardson Ocean Park is popular for snorkeling and having a leisurely time on the beach. Four Mile is a notable location for swimming. Scuba diving and snorkeling are popular at the excellent reefs off the coast.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.