- Need: January 2020 - Ongoing
- Schedule: 24 Hour Shifts
- Responsibilities: Expected to perform lumbar punctures and routine management of patients on the floor that include the most common pediatric diagnosis, rule out sepsis, gastroenteritis, respiratory syncytial virus, asthma, routine diabetes care, post-op surgical care in conjunction with the surgeons. They will also round on newborns.
- Average Patients Per day: 30 (this is a very busy practice)
- Support Staff: 3 physicians and 1 Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- EMR: Epic
- Board Certification
- Active TX license
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Must have recent experience Circumcisions, spinal taps, manage common pediatric inpatient diagnosis like asthma exacerbation, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, gastroenteritis, dehydration, pyelonephritis, soft tissue abscess, acute appendicitis, apparent life-threatening event (ATLE), rule out sepsis, newborn jaundice, overdoses, snake bites, mild Diabetic Ketoacidosis(DKA)
- Should be comfortable managing patients in a Pediatric intermediate care unit(IMU) setting or respiratory cases needing high flow nasal cannula, continuous albuterol consults for the emergency room.
Houston is a vibrant and rich center for arts and culture. Houston offers museums, the performing arts, and much more. It is one of only five cities in the United States with resident companies in the four disciplines of the performing arts: ballet, symphony, opera, and theater. Houston's Museum District is home to over 15 institutions with attractions for every taste and interest.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.