- Shift Schedule: Providers will not have to remain in house but round/clinic hours during the day. Must return for any emergencies within 20 minutes.
- Call Schedule/Responsibilities: clinic plus 24-hour call
- Need: Maintain strong Orthopaedic Service line to provide ongoing care for the Trauma patient, in today’s environment, while building Elective Orthopaedic surgical volume. The existing surgeons are very supportive of establishment of Orthopaedic-Hospitalist Program.
- Type of Patients/Cases: Orthopedic
- Responsibilities: Orthopaedic Hospitalist will treat all emergent general unassigned orthopedic patients that would typically be referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon. This may include pediatric patients and blunt trauma. Accept in-house consults, perform rounds on all patients in house, conduct post-surgical follow-up in post-op clinic 2-3 days per week.
- Scope of practice will include any orthopaedic trauma typically handled at a level 2 center except for specialized traumatology care such as unstable pelvis and acetabulum fractures.
- EMR: EPIC
- Level II Trauma
- ABOS board certification
- Prefer strong trauma background
- Comfort with pediatric fracture care, specifically supracondylar humerus and femur fractures, is necessary.
A crossroads of culture lies tucked away in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri. Interstate 44, Interstate 49, and Historic Route 66 unite in this up and coming here named Joplin, Missouri. JoMo maintains the lowest cost of living and the highest bang-for-your-buck local fare. Our Downtown blooms daily as artists, chefs, and entrepreneurs invent new ways of resurrecting century-old structures.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.