Hospitalist Physician Needed in Metairie, LA
• Schedule: November 1st start, 10-14 shifts per month, 7 on 7 off
• Length of Assignment: ongoing
• Credentialing Timeframe: 120 days, will expedite for November start
• Number of hospital beds: 50
• Collegial Collaboration with ED
• Open ICU No
• Will accept: BC/BE in IM (Board Eligible (must be in process of pursuing boards within 5 years of completing Residency)
• Life support requirements: ACLS
• Physician shift times: 7a – 7p with call 7p – 7a (1 doc a day)
• 10 Patient Encounters on Average/Day
• Codes or admissions required: Yes
• Procedures: Mech Vent <72H, airway management, central lines, rapid response and code blue 1st response
• Backup specialties: none(all patients needing specialty services are transferred/phone consults are available)
• Will license while credentialing – No
• Name of EMR system: Meditech
Metairie is the first suburb of New Orleans, Louisiana, located on the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain between the cities of New Orleans, with its wonderful French Quarter, Superdome, Aquarium, Zoo, and Convention Center, and Kenner, where the New Orleans International Airport, Rivertown, and the Pontchartrain Center are located.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.