- Shifts: 24-hour in-house shift
- OB/Gyn Hospitalist Duties:
- Provide coverage of Obstetric emergencies
- Manage unassigned and clinic GYN patients that present to the Main ER
- Manage all clinic and unassigned patients that present to the OB Triage
- Evaluate Private Physician patients in Triage when requested
- Perform Antepartum, Post-partum and GYN rounds on unassigned/clinic patients that are on the
- OB/GYN Hospitalist service
- Inpatients consults
- Provide emergent GYN surgery services for unassigned/clinic patients that present to the Main ER
- Call Coverage for Private Physician groups as needed, will be responsible for managing all of their patients during the coverage period.
- NST interpretations, Artificial Rupture of Membranes or IUPC/ISE placement for Private Physician patients as requested
- Willing to work with Advance Practice Clinicians (APCs) as needed
- Will assist with drills/simulations, RN education, and participate in residency training and education as needed
- Hospital will maintain call system for emergency backup
- Expected to respond to consults in a quick and timely manner
- Charting should be completed prior to the end of shift
- Support Staff: Surgical Assistants, neonatologists, and private physicians on back-up
- EMR: Cerner
- Board Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of active experience
- Active/current skills,
- Active or in process Florida licensure.
- Willingness to oversee/cover CNMs and residents.
. Tucked into north-central Florida
in a region known as "horse country," Ocala
offers visitors winding community pathways lined with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish moss, and the opportunity to explore miles of untainted nature.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.