- Need: 4 covering 24/7 in-house (non-consecutive)
- Full-time consists of 7-8 days/month or on average 2 days/week
- Part-time consists of 3-4 days/month
- Beds: 486
- Deliveries: 3735 annual hospital delivery volume (unassigned volume: 400 deliveries annually)
- Labor Rooms: 12
- EMR – EPIC
- Manage unassigned obstetrics patients that present to labor and delivery and the main ER
- Provide coverage of Obstetric emergencies
- Manage unassigned gynecology patients that present to the Main ER
- Manage all patients that present to the OB-ED (OB Triage) OBED slated to go-live Dec 2019 or Jan 2020
- Perform Antepartum, Post-partum and GYN rounds on unassigned patients that are on the OB/GYN
- Hospitalist service
- Inpatients consults
- Provide emergent gynecology surgery services for patients that present to the Main ER (ex. Ruptured ectopic pregnancies, ovarian torsion, incomplete Ab, etc.)
- Call Coverage for Community Providers as needed, will be responsible for managing all of their patients during the coverage period.
- Not responsible for patient phone calls while covering for the community providers
- NST interpretations, including interpretations for community providers
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Resident teaching and supervision
- Participation in Simulation/Drills and nursing education
- May be required to assist with Obstetrics/Gynecology Residency program
- Back-up Call - Hospital uses the alphabetical system.
- Surgical Assist – Advanced practitioners available 24/7.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine – system-wide MFM contracted providers.
- Neonatology – 24/7.
- Anesthesia – 24/7
- Ultrasound – 24/7
- Interventional Radiologist – 8 am to the end of business that day. Available on call.
- Consult Expectations: Expected to respond to consults as soon as requested unless you are in the middle of a clinical situation that precludes you from responding immediately (such as delivery, surgery, etc.)
- Call Expectations: Only emergent gynecology cases, not elective cases. Typically Laparoscopy for ectopic/torsions, D&C for incomplete Abs, etc.
- Non-emergent protocol: We perform the consult and then refer them to their OB/GYN for follow up. If they do not have an OB/GYN, we refer them to the community OB/GYNs for follow up.
- Board Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of active experience, active/current skills,
- Active FL licensure
- Medical Spanish helpful.
Pembroke Pines is one of the largest cities in Broward County, perfectly situated in South Florida between Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties. Bordered by the Everglades to the west, I-75 in the middle and Florida’s Turnpike to the east, Pembroke Pines has easy accessibility to primary highways and interstates, key tourist attractions, employment centers, entertainment venues, parks, golf courses, restaurants, schools and retail/commercial destinations.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.