Needed Obstetrics and Gynecology/Hospitalist Physician
This opportunity offers:
- Start: October 2019
- NICU Level: I
- Total Hospital Deliveries: project 300 in 2019
- Project 900 in 2020
- Estimated Deliveries for Hospitalists: 30 %
- Estimated Patient Encounters for Hospitalists To be decided
- MFM onsite TBD/On-Call
- Residency Program & Type No
- In-house Anesthesia Yes
- 12 or 24 Hour Shifts: 24
- Hospitalists to Provide GYN Coverage: Yes
- Hospitalists Required to Perform Circumcisions: No
- Hospitalists Needed for First Assist: Yes
- First Assist Available to the Hospitalists: Yes
- Hospitalists to Backup Midwives: No
- Hospitalists to Backup Family Practice: No
- Backup Available to the Hospitalists: Yes
- Physicians must be board-certified
- Must have an active South Carolina state license
- Performed (not assisted) at least 100 delivery last two years and at least 25 GYN cases last year.
Charleston is a unique 300-year-old city with a fascinating historic tradition as an 18th-century seaport and business center and location of the initial moments of the Civil War. History has left its imprint, particularly in the city center, where a large and beautifully preserved mainly residential historic district is popular with local residents and tourists and has become more popular with wealthy “refugees” from northeastern cities. Today there is some small industry, but major industries and the old seaport are gone. The area is supported by tourism and is known as a good place for small businesses.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.