- Need: April 2020 – Ongoing – Highly prefer full time
- Hours: Generally 3 days per week are hospital-based and those are combined with on-call. 2 days per week clinic with no call. Full-time providers would be on call for 10-11 days per month. While on 24-hour call, they are doing strictly inpatient and then on call in the evening.
- This position will be about 65% inpatient vs. 35% outpatient (Non-call days but rounding in the AM then clinic after)
- Call/Rounding: Sharing call with other Physicians – estimated 10-11 days per month for full time; This is for the Emergency Room and the Hospital.
- Weekday – 1-2 Nights per month call back; Weekend – If any emergency cases, they would be scheduled in the AM
- Clinic Practices: Outpatient, Inpatient, and Call
- Hospital Beds: 213
- ICU Beds: 30
- Trauma Level: III
- Patient Age Range: Adult Only
- Patients per Day: Estimated 6-8 Scheduled and 1-2 add on patients per day in Clinic
- Clinic is 100% non-invasive and used for assessments only. Procedures will be done at the hospital’s endoscopy suite.
- Support Staff:1 RN in office; There will be possibly two providers in practice but at times the candidate may be working alone
- EMR System: EPIC Kaiser Permanente; Soarian at Hospital
- Board Certified or truly Board Eligible (3 Years or less out of residency) – ABMS/AOA
- DEA and CSR
- Acute Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Cases & Procedures: ERCP are required. Colonoscopies, Upper Endoscopies, Small bowel biopsy, Lower GI endoscopies, Capsule endoscopy / Pill cam, 3 Endoscopies with Olympus 190/190 equipment No EUS.
One can visit the Bailey House Museum and the Maui Community Theater while in Wailuku. For all nature lovers, the best place to be in is the Hawai'i Nature Center. The Ka'ehu Beach is also a major tourist attraction. There are many parks that can be enjoyed including the Mokuhau Park, Kepaniwai Park, and Wells Park.
In addition to the industry’s most comprehensive benefits package that includes medical licensing assistance, the arrangement of professional liability insurance, and housing and travel booking assistance, Locum Leaders is proud to offer our providers a reduction in the wait time to be presented at facilities where you were previously presented or worked from 24 months to 6 months.
About The Company
Locum Leaders, an AMN Healthcare company, is the nation’s leader in temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs. We provide temporary and part-time locum tenens jobs nationwide for physicians of all specialties, as well as physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs) and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). As a company of AMN Healthcare, we’re able to offer more competitive opportunities and benefits for job seekers than any other locum tenens company. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.